Sunday, November 16, 2014

Hi!

   Blogs have never ended well for me. 

   Still, what better time to try again? Autumn is my favorite season--the season where I have more inspiration, more ideas, and no free time. 

    Some things you should know--

  About me:

   I love to read. Fantasy and realistic fiction are my genres of choice, but I’ll try just about anything. I can’t get enough of myths, legends, and fairy tales. I love fantastical worlds, humor, heroes, antiheroes, family drama, high adventure, and the adventures of everyday life. My favorite books usually mix at least one of these with a healthy dose of weirdness. Some of my favorite authors are J.M. Barrie, Neil Gaiman, S.E. Hinton,  Heather Dixon, Gill Lewis, Emily Murdoch and Ursula K. Le Guin.

    I love to write. Again, my favorite genres are fantasy and realistic fiction, though I've written a ton of fantasy and very little realistic fiction. I've written many, many horrible stories and a few good ones. Humor is pretty much a requirement, along with that healthy dose of weirdness. Inspiration-wise I’m influenced by everything from The Lord of the Rings to Disney movies.

   About the blog:

    I have no idea where this is going. I’d love to use Third Star to the Right as a place to share my writing process, current projects, favorite books…or anything I can work up the energy to type up a post about. I’m nothing if not flexible. Whatever happens, I can’t wait to see how this turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment