Thursday, November 20, 2014

Publication News: "Fox Sister"

    So…I nearly drove myself crazy trying to find a snappy way to say this. Then I realized there’s nothing snappier than--

   I’m getting published!

   My flash fiction story, "Fox Sister", will be appearing in The Teacup Trail on November 30th. 

   Yes, I have milk in mine, at least if it's black. And look at the animated image at the linked source. :)
    The Teacup Trail is an online lit and art magazine dedicated to all things speculative. I've wanted to publish something with them for ages (read: I bombarded them with submissions) and am beyond honored that they accepted this story. I planned to write up a nice little post about how I wrote "Fox Sister", and the inspiration behind it…but honestly I’m so stupefied I don’t know what to say, besides that if you've always longed for a (very) short story about a girl and her fox, this might be your cup of tea (heh). It started out as a horrible draft that moldered in my freewrites file for months before I rewrote it from scratch, and I’m very happy with how it turned out. I can’t wait for you to read it. 

   EDIT: "Fox Sister" is up! You can check it out here.  
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13200361/?claim=kgn28z4eqag">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment