Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Hello, March

Just a few thoughts…
 
Tasha Tudor
via

On Tasha Tudor--She was a 20th century artist who preferred an 18th century lifestyle, complete with petticoats, wood stoves, and very few modern conveniences. I rediscovered her last month, and while it all seems unbelievable and a bit crazy, I don't think her illustrations would have been so wonderfully detailed and unsentimental if they hadn't been drawn from real life. You can learn more about her here.

 
via


On Writing--I have about a million different ideas composting in my head; the really good ones keep resurfacing with new inspiration. I’m doing a bit of planning, like a promised back in December, but at a (very) leisurely pace--most of my ideas still seem very half-formed and vague, which frustrates me. I’ve also tried drafting some flash fiction and short stories, but none of those have quite stuck yet.

via

On Pelmeni--Russian wontons, basically. We made a batch over the weekend (they taste best homemade). Folding every single dumpling by hand is time-consuming and really boring, but eating them (with sour cream, or vinegar and red pepper) is always worth it.

4 comments:

  1. All important things!
    I'm excited for some of your inspiration come to fruition for you! Just keep going with it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I've been trying to get more organized lately and develop a sort of plan of attack when it comes to researching and developing (and actually writing down!) ideas. It's hard, because I have so many in the pipeline and it can be tricky to focus on just one. Thanks for the encouragement--it means a lot.

      Delete
  2. Omg, that looks delicious. Russian wantons...I want. Particularly mentions of sour cream. I LOVE SOUR CREAM. *ahem* But yes. Good luck with your writing and getting your stories down! I meant to start writing in April, but I'm just so unorganised atm. *sigh* I need to edit more.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are delicious...a pain in the neck to make, but delicious! And my projects have been all over the place lately. I'm trying to get more organized, but we'll see how that goes. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete