Loads of love go to Abbie for nominating me. Nothing makes me happier than just the right combination of words, so this should be lots of fun!
~ Thank the person who nominated you and give a link to their blog.
~ Answer the original 6 text-themed questions.
~ Add a typography/word-related question of your own for those you tagged to answer.
~ Tag 6+ bloggers and let them know.
~ Include these rules in your post.
1. What is your favorite letter of the alphabet?
A, since it’s both the first letter of the alphabet and the first letter of my name. Also S, because it’s in a lot of pretty words like sea, siren, and stardust. H for home, P for pink.
2. What are three words you love?
I covered some of them in this post, so here are three more: mountains, wolf, slipper.
3. What are three words you hate?
Exegesis, orifice, dribbling. Any long, complicated word used in place of a shorter, simpler word.
4. If you were to create a word, what would it be, and what would it describe?
I’m honestly not sure. They’re so many neat words out there that I have a hard time thinking of something new. My brain’s drawing one huge blank.
5. What are your three favorite punctuation marks?
I’d never thought of this until now! Commas, semicolons, and question marks: , ; ?
6. What are three of your favorite fonts?
I like Coffee Break, Times New Roman, and whatever the heck font they use on the covers of the Artemis Fowl books.
7. Abbie’s question: If you could change the way one word sounded, which would it be and how would it sound?
Again, I’m coming up blank. I did mispronounce a ton of words when I was younger, though: wiolin instead of violin, doity instead of dirty, Herminoin instead of Hermione. I guess I’m all out of alternate sounds.
Do you know of a word that looks better than it sounds?
Picture credit: X